Life is tough, at least at times. All kinds of problems come our way and the daily grind can easily weigh us down and rob us of our joy, spontaneity, humor, and optimism. We can find ourselves focusing on the negative, losing hope, reacting to everything like it is monumental, becoming intense, and projecting into the future. Instead of doing all this, try “giving it a light touch” by doing the following:
- Don’t be so serious.
- Think the best of someone instead of the worst.
- Choose to be optimistic instead of pessimistic.
- Laugh at yourself, including your mistakes.
- Laugh with someone else.
- Overlook the little things.
- Don’t react to something that bothers you.
- Smile purposefully.
- Look around you and enjoy what you see.
- Choose to be happy and joyful.
- Say something nice to the next person you see.
- Walk with a skip in your step.
- Count your blessings by making a gratitude list each morning.
- Understand why someone acted poorly and offer grace.
Psalm 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it” (NIV).
by KARLA DOWNING OF CHANGE MY RELATIONSHIPS